The Editorial team within our TV divison at DNEG is essential for the production of our shows. Working hand in hand with our production team, the VFX Editor is responsible for handling all editorial tasks required by a show. For larger TV shows the VFX editor needs to head up a team of Assistant VFX editors.
Production will rely on the VFX Editor to have a thorough knowledge of all cuts, keeping them updated with the latest scans while also maintaining shot and VFX databases. You’ll liaise directly with cutting rooms and organise regular dailies sessions and client meetings. You’ll be the point of contact for the internal production and artists.
There is also a creative element to the role and you’ll be asked to assist the PR and HR teams with promotional material and in-house initiatives. Throughout the year new showreels are also required highlighting our work on shows, as well as bidding reels for new work.
Training our Assistant VFX Editors is a core part of the role of VFX Editor. It’s important you have the ability to train, encourage and support those working beneath you and delegate work fairly to promote a rewarding training environment. Must Have
Nice to Have
- Proven experience working in a VFX Editorial Department on a minimum of four productions (TV/Feature Films)
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Expert understanding of all editorial tools
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology, LUTS and colour space
- Excellent understanding of video formats, files, frame rates and resolutions
- Encoding/transcoding experience, sound understanding of video codecs and file formats
- Experience using Adobe Media Encoder, Shotgun and 2k playback software, such as Baselight, Framecycler or RV
- Photoshop, After Effects and Adobe CC
- Fedora Linux (basic)
- RedCine X-Pro
- Problem solver
- Ability to multi task
- Quick on your feet
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.