- NBC Owned Stations is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to help create and launch a new news product.
- Are you ready to take risks and go beyond the boundaries of conventional media? You will conceptualize, create and deliver graphics toolkits and templates to our team of visual storytellers and editors as well as create compelling content that is told 100% by motion graphics. We are looking for someone oozing with creativity that loves to innovate through collaboration and developing projects on their own. You will work with digital video producers who have shot and edited stories and find ways to enhance those stories with motion graphics. You will also have opportunities to pitch, produce and create original motion graphics series.
- You should be able to look at a goal and a deadline and use creative problem solving to develop the best product in the allotted time. Our team of innovators is ready to question every step of the traditional process and willing to experiment. We seek a designer who isn’t afraid to fail and always takes ownership of their work.
- You will:
- Tell stories using compelling motion graphics, animations and video
- Create custom look templates for video franchises from scratch that can be deployed to video editors through Essential Graphics (AE to Premiere)
- Work with producers on graphics to enhance video projects
- Teach basic motion graphics to video editors
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
At least 2+ years professional experience in video motion graphics
Bachelor’s Degree in Motion Graphics Design or related field
Ability to communicate a vision to a team and create based on someone else’s ideas
Interested candidates must submit a resume & portfolio /CV through Apply to be considered
Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
Must be willing to work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Expert in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere
- Strong knowledge of After Effects/Premiere Essential Graphics workflows
- Passion for digital storytelling
- Ability to create graphics while integrating sound editorial judgment
- Keeps up with technologies and resources
- Strong typography skills
- Multitasking and communication skills
- Experience with Data visualization
- Journalism experience a plus
- Experience with various plugins (i.e. Trapcode, Boris etc.) a plus
- Strong understanding of social media and digital video consumption
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.