The Broadcast Graphics Designer will sit within the Europe Graphics Team working across both the UK and International programming. We are looking for a skilled Broadcast Graphic Designer able to create high quality still artwork and motion graphics for use in a live TV environment following the strategy set by the Head of Graphics. The Graphics Designer is responsible for daily duties assigned by the News team, primarily providing the creative input/design for the News group’s on-air needs. The role will also be required to frequently liaise with counterparts in the US and Asia to maintain a consistency for the on air look and style.Qualifications/Requirements
• To deliver a range of design material for live On-air plus additional business needs as directed by the Head of Graphics. Produce all daily news requirements such as walls, bespoke charts, maps, teasers, headshots etc.
• To problem solve and find creative graphic solutions in the short time scales of a busy news environment.
• Design motion graphics and associated franchises for specials and long form programming
• Provide inspiration and ideas for On-Air and wider business design tasks.
• To work with all wider creative, editorial and marketing teams to deliver integrated work when required.
• Ability to cover early morning shifts on rotation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of Industry standard 2D/3D software practices.
• Demonstrate experience in creating High level broadcast/motion graphics via show reel/portfolio of work.
• 3D production, animation, modelling, lighting, rendering advantageous.
• Knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D advantageous.
• Fluency in 2D compositing/Art work production knowledge, Adobe Creative suite, Ae, Ps, Ai.
• Knowledge of cross platform digital art working practices, broadcast, print, web as needed by Business.
• Chyron real time broadcast design systems production knowledge is advantageous.
• Ability to work in a live TV production environment
CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.