- NBC Owned Stations is looking for a Digital Video Editor to create content for web, social media and mobile platforms.
- Are you a self-starter, ready to take risks and go beyond the boundaries of conventional media? You will research, conceptualize, write and edit quick-turn videos to use across multiple digital platforms. We are looking for someone who loves news, thrives in breaking news situations and enjoys sharing content. We are looking for someone who can edit with speed and accuracy and who has the writing chops to take a story or issue and explain it simply in a video. You will also have opportunities to pitch, produce and create original content on a daily basis.
- Our team of innovators is ready to question every step of the traditional process and willing to experiment. We seek an editor who can create multiple videos per day, isn’t afraid to fail and always takes ownership of their work.
- You will:
- Research, write, edit and post multiple videos per day using our toolkits and templates
- Search for stories that will resonate with a digital audience
- Create videos as requested by various team members
- Pitch video concepts to work on outside breaking and daily news
- Work with Multimedia Journalists to create digital versions of broadcast reports
- Basic Qualifications:
- At least 2+ years video editing experience with Adobe Premiere
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
- Have excellent news judgment, with the ability to communicate stories that people will want to share
- Deep knowledge of current events
- Ability to write with AP Style
- Understand the difference in editing styles depending on distribution platform
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit samples of editing work to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
- Must be willing to work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Proficient of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- Basic knowledge After Effects/Premiere Essential Graphics workflows is a plus
- Knowledge and ability to write using AP Style guidelines
- Strong ability to source and research stories
- Passion for digital storytelling
- Understand the landscape of digital video and how videos change when created for various platforms
- Keeps up with technologies and resources
- Knowledge of web and video content management systems (CMS)
- Multitasking and communication skills
- Experience working in a newsroom and in breaking news situations
- Strong understanding of social media and digital video consumption
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.