DreamWorks Animation is seeking a Tools Development engineer who is passionate about building simple and clean user interfaces to complex systems for the various artists at the studio. Our team creates tools to be used by artists in FX, CFX, and Surfacing; this position will work closely with artists in animated film production to develop new systems and efficient workflow tools. If this sounds like the work environment you have been searching for, please apply.Job Responsibilities:
• Build new tools to facilitate studio specific workflows and improve pipeline efficiency
• Respond to feedback from artists to improve internal toolsets
• Work with artists to determine problem areas in the pipeline and build solutions
• Improve and maintain existing internal toolsets
• Minimum 1 year of experience with industry standard DCC (Digital Content Creation) Tools (Houdini, Maya, Katana, etc)
• Minimum 1 year Python development experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience with industry standard DCC Tools
• Minimum 5 years Python developer experience
• Minimum 1 years production artist experience in relevant department (CFX, FX, Surfacing)
• Minimum 1 years of development experience with industry standard DCC Tools
• Knowledgeable in various python APIs (in particular those related to DCC tools)
• Knowledgeable of digital asset creation and corresponding formats
• Expertise at building simple/clean user interfaces to complex systems
• Robust understanding of VFX/Animation pipeline and artist workflow• Knowledgeable of PEP8 standard
• Experience utilizing GitHub
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.