The CNBC Digital technology team is seeking a UI/ front end Developer to manage and build
software solutions across CNBC’s Digital Platform. We are looking for a front-end engineer who
can turn prototypes into robust, standards driven UI components using Angular js, Node.js,
Firebase, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX and CORS. The engineer will work closely with the Tech lead to
bring enhancements to a reality while managing all aspects of the software development
Role & Responsibilities
• Develop and support web-based systems using mentioned technologies
• Create technical documentation and keep it current
• Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
• Collaborate with the team to ship new features quickly
• Help improve code quality, unit test scripts and code coverage
• BS degree or higher in computer science with 3 - 5 years of broad engineering
• Experience with client-side technologies including Angular 4 (and above), Node.js,
• Experience working with XML, JSON, XSL, Twig, SAAS
• Experience building asynchronous single page web applications using AJAX, CORS and
• Knowledge of Restful services
• Knowledge of building responsive user experiences across multiple screens
• Experience in performance, scalability, security, architecture, and engineering best
• Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest in emerging technologies/trends on web
• Must be able to work onsite at CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. A van
service is available for employees commuting from New York City and New Jersey
(Jersey city and others).
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly
collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment
• Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
• Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through, exhibiting
ownership, and delivering on responsibilities
• Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.