- At NBC News Digital, the Content Technology Team creates the tools and infrastructure that empowers reporters, editors and producers to tell the stories that impact our world - from breaking news, to cogent opinion, to original reporting, to innovative video, to everyday lifestyle stories.Software engineers on the content team work with technologies like React, Node.js, Go, GraphQL, Elastic Search and more to create the platforms that power NBC News’s websites and applications. We collaborate closely with product managers, designers and the newsroom to build products that help manage NBC’s content and make it accessible to our web sites, apps, developers and other experiences.
- This position is an opportunity to play a critical and highly-visible role in the digital evolution of NBC News, one of the world’s best known and most trusted news organizations.
- This position is based at NBC’s headquarters in Rockefeller Center in New York, NY.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, test, review, and ship software for our in-house suite of content management tools and supporting API platforms, initially focusing on our React, Node and GraphQL stack
- Work with users in the newsroom, product managers, designers and other engineering squads to collaboratively develop great experiences for our editorial users and other developers
- Collaborate on the design of data models and API contracts
- Extend and enhance our toolchain and add to our existing development practices
- Act as an advocate for your team and advise our product group, other development teams and the newsroom
• A Bachelor’s degree (or higher-level degree) in computer science or a related field
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with modern application stacks and development practices
To Be Successful and Have Fun in this Role:
• Be entrepreneurial and proactive
• Collaborate with different development squads, learn and understand the larger architecture of our systems and contribute to them
• Balance ideal, elegant designs with pragmatic business and user needs
• Be comfortable working across the whole technology stack, from front-end presentation to back-end systems
• Be OK with ambiguity and with removing ambiguity through building and iterating
• Be user-centric, understanding the needs, habits and processes of the end users of your tools and working with product and design to craft great experiences for them
• Have depth in our core technologies and a willingness to learn new ones
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.