As a member of the Sales Research and Analytics Technology (SRAT) Product Engineering Team, the Senior Software Engineer, Audience Studio will be directly responsible for application engineering as part of building out the necessary platform and products for NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio. NBCUniversal’s audience management products will enable NBCUniversal to better understand its brand’s audiences such as NBC News, Bravo, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, and USA Network as well as audiences that cross brands. The goal is to ensure we know who is watching what, where and when. In turn enabling NBCUniversal’s sales teams to properly align our audiences with the market advertisements that can benefit them the most.
You’re a big thinker who can analyze and evangelize a long range opportunity, architect a ground breaking solution, and roll-up your sleeves to get code out the door when needed. You are data driven and analytical. You understand the concept of a value proposition and evaluation criteria, and you know how to align them with low level milestones to get the work done. You can apply domain knowledge from one technical subject, in order to quickly ramp and deliver on a new one. You know how to learn from failure until you succeed, and you are able to articulate and quantify the reasons for your decisions.
You will be part of the Audience Studio Data Technology team, participating in the application development that will drive both current and future data management initiatives within NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio group.
• Serve as a senior software engineer for audience studio data products.
• Develop and code the application services that is core to Audience Studio, under the leadership and direction of the VP Architecture
• Analyze and report results and adjust the overall engineering strategy accordingly with engineering leadershipQualifications/Requirements
• Bachelor¹s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of professional software development experience, as a front-end code developer
• HTML5, CSS, SASS/LESS
• Bootstrap, Semantic UI, KendoUI or other front end component libraries
• Front-end component development
• 2-5+ years of experience with digital advertising technologies
• Strong knowledge of data structures, data management and visualization technologies
• Fluency in Java or Scala
• 2-5+ years of experience with both relational database (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), big data, real-time technologies
• Experience in web application development and associated skills (REST, HTTP, web services)
• D3 or other charting libraries
• Working w/ REST apis
• Karma, Jasmine or similar testing frameworks
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Able to easily transition between high-level strategy and day-to-day implementation
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.