is an opportunity to play a critical role in the digital evolution of NBC News, one of the world’s best known and most trusted news organizations. You will work closely with NBC's talented editors, producers, directors, and data analysts to create unique experiences around data for TV, Web, and Mobile.
You will be working with NBC's broadcast and digital teams to tell interesting and important stories. That means helping to build new visualizations and analysis to convey complicated information in a straightforward way that will be seen by millions of people, sometimes with tight deadlinesResponsibilities
- Acquire, process, parse, and occasionally combine diverse datasets
- Suggest, build, and iterate on novel visualizations and methods of storytelling
- Work with editors, producers, and on-air talent to improve and update our existing storytelling tools
• 3+ years total work experience
• Must have recent experience with D3
• Passionate about data visualizations and how it can be used to tell stories
• TopoJSON, GeoJSON, arcGIS experience a plus
• Acquiring and analyzing geospatial data for building maps
• Familiar with using cloud services and APIs to store and analyze data
• Comfortable collecting, parsing, and wrangling data
• Experience in newsrooms or other fast-paced work environments
This position is based in New York City and will report to the Director of Engineering.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.