Position at Rodeo FX Montreal.
Working in collaboration with the VFX Supervisor and the VFX Producer, the CG Supervisor acts as an advisor and he/she is responsible for all CG aspects of a show. He/she offers and implements an appropriate workflow according to the project, and establishes an efficient methodology. The CG Supervisor transmits, along with the VFX Sup, the artistic and technical feedback to their team. He/she is involved in all exchanges with the clients; analyzing and understanding their needs, in order to better support the technical and creative abilities of the team.Responsibilities:
- With the VFX Sup, taking responsibility for the visual and technical quality of all CG deliverables, in accordance with Rodeo FX’s high quality standards.
- Working with the VFX Sup in order to develop and create the visual appearance of the project; establishing an appropriate workflow for the project and initiating R&D as needed.
- Understanding and respecting the requirements of the clients as well as the project’s specifications, and attending Cinesync sessions.
- Outlining the technical needs that arise from the project, and suggesting appropriate procedures to the VFX Sup to address them.
- With the VFX Sup and the production team, identifying the resources needed for the project and any potential delivery delay (Turnover tasks).
- Collaborating with leads and artists within all CG departments, providing them with clear directives and objectives; doing rounds to follow-up on the progress of the artists (along with the leads).
- Monitoring the progress and results of each visual effects shot, and attending dailies.
- Working with developers to create new research and development tools, to address the project’s pipeline needs, and providing them with clear directives.
- Initiating and maintaining (modifying as needed) the best technical approaches to maximize the efficiency of the workflow.
- Assisting the VFX Sup with final approvals for shots before they are sent out. Ensuring a technical check of the visual effects is completed before delivery to the VFX Sup.
- Anticipating and eliminating problems that could arise from any work tool, before they can negatively impact production.
- At the end of the project, discussing both positive and negative experiences with the team in order to enforce the knowledge and skills obtained on the project.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a CG Artist
- Previous experience in a similar role in a visual effect studio
- Thorough understanding of the entire CG Pipeline
- Must be available for flexible schedule
- Must have great interpersonal and communications skills
- Must be fluent in English, spoken and written. Bilingual, an asset.
- Capable of motivating and leading large teams with enthusiasm
- Calm and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to manage time and balance priorities
- Experience with Shotgun, an asset