NBC News is seeking a Sr. Producer for the 10am hour of TODAY. The senior producer will work closely with producers, associate producers and researchers to pitch and develop unique content for Kathie Lee & Hoda. Ideal candidates are incredibly creative and will help take pitches to the next level, while mentoring and leading the staff.
•Oversee and manage production teams which include: producers, associate producers and researchers, from story inception to air.
•Assist in the supervision of the editorial vision each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show.
•Organize and oversee brainstorming sessions including: evaluating pitches and generating story ideas.
•Review, edit and approve scripts.
•Serve as leader/mentor in the TODAY newsroom.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or similar discipline.
• At least 10 years’ experience in editorial and show production at the network level, preferably with morning television.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Must have strong writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
• Must have prior staff management experience.
• Must have 2+ years of staff management experience
• Must have line producing experience
• Must have talent management experience
• Must have 2+ years management experience both editing and approving scripts for both tape and live and segments
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in NYC.
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, under tight deadline pressure and often with short notice, especially in breaking news situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills and storytelling ability.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Familiarity with social media and emerging digital platforms.
• Team player with a desire to mentor journalists.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.