Framestore are looking for Freelance VFX Supervisors for upcoming Television projects based out of our London office.
The right candidate will have well established industry connections in Episodic TV work, and recent experience of managing TV clients from the pitch cycle through to final delivery.
The VFX Supervisor will play a significant role both internally and externally in establishing our television work in London whilst also inspiring our artist and production teams.
- Superior creative problem solving skills both artistically and creatively, pushing the quality of Framestore's creative work on every project and maintaining the standard of work we produce. This will mean on the box for certain projects.
- Providing creative advice and involvement in challenging projects that require additional management support.
- Taking some responsibility for the profitability of projects and contributing in any way possible to help with any creative and technical decisions that may affect this.
- Infectious passion for keeping up-to-date with state of the art VFX.
- Input in strategy for our television work with rest of Senior leadership team in London.
- Central to client meetings to drive through high calibre work into Framestore.
- VFX Supervision of specific projects, working with directors and writers to realise where possible creative solutions within budget. This will involve a certain amount of thinking outside the box.
- Sharing the responsibility for the project partnering with a producer, including client communication and managing the internal creative + artist team.
- On key larger projects, there may be a requirement for on-set shoot supervision, ensuring everything is shot appropriately for the project's needs.
- Working closely with the client(s) to ensure that their vision is met, constantly improving on client's ideas.
Staff Management Responsibilities:
- Involvement in recruiting the TV artist team, attending interviews and selecting the best team for the project needs.
- Mentoring key senior artists in the team, providing advice and feedback for them both creatively as well as leadership support and guidance.
- Providing feedback for artist and production reviews, and support for their lead when conducting staff reviews.
- Extensive experience in traditional visual effects for film and commercials, including recent supervision experience both studio-based and on location.
- Credited experience in working on with TV series work, and a passion for the medium.
- Industry contacts and relationships in TV.
- A solid knowledge of VFX/CG shot production and its iteration process.
- Superior client management skills.
- Passion and a broad knowledge of the VFX industry with an eye for future developments and challenges.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills across all levels, strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within and inspire a team and also under own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Experience with staff management including hiring, reviews and providing consistent and constructive feedback.
/privacy-policy . If you do not consent for your data to be used in this way then please do not continue with your application.