Owned Television Station is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with an extensive PHP and CMS development experience to join our very talented and passionate Backend team. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, and capable of coming up with multiple new concepts and taking them to implementation.
You should be able to own the project, work with cross functional teams to implement and deliver successful project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Architect, Develop, deploy and enhance multiple websites with a PHP-based Content Management System.
Create APIs for consumption by other teams, and integrate with numerous external APIs.
Work with 3rd party API, Frameworks and integrations to power various functionalities.
Act as a member of a product development team supporting teammates and collaborating with a "do what it takes" attitude to ensure product and team success.
Analyze problems and help create innovative solutions involving technology, methodology, tool and solution components.
Ensure product quality and timeliness of work, provide advice and guidance, and resolve problems to meet objectives.
Help develop new and refine existing processes to enhance quality and productivity.
Write quality code with proper documentation, unit tests & automation (where required).
Focus on PHP but work on various sets of technologies and continue to evolve with changing landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with and staying current in the latest advances in web technologies.
- Mastery in WordPress (preferred) or Drupal development of plugins, themes, templates, custom fields, multisite, multilingual websites, integrations and caching implementations.
- High degree of proficiency with at least one strongly-typed languages like Java, C#, Golang, C++, etc.
- Advanced understanding of SQL and familiarity with NoSQL database technologies
- Solid understanding of server-side technologies and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Proficiency with code profiling, performance tuning, and testing.
- Extensive experience with code versioning tools like GitHub and/or BitBucket
- Experience managing web servers and web proxies.
- Advance troubleshooting skills and ability to work with HTTP headers.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as Lambda, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS and other services
- Strong understanding of DNS, domains, URL re-writes and regex patterns.
- Experience with continuous integration tools and environments.
- Eager to learn new things and share ideas with peers.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Positive attitude & Team Player
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.