The Associate Producer will work closely with producers to desktop edit, write and produce news content for all NBC 6 platforms. Additionally, provide fill in for line producers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize and write news stories.
- Coordinate script and story-line with correct video sources and graphics.
- Log news and inform the producer of available material that can be used in their newscast.
- Write breaking-news under short deadline.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 1 year experience writing, producing and editing (non-linear) on an electronic news producing system.
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends, evenings and overnights.
• Must be willing to work at the station in the Miramar location.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• No relocation benefits available.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong news writing skills.
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Able to work extended and flexible hours during hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news.
• Experience in a news environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Strong computer skills.
• Passion to develop and present story ideas.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.