TODAY Digital, the multiplatform arm of America’s favorite morning show, is looking for an associate graphic designer and animator.
The job entails:
- Producing photo-heavy graphics done within Photoshop and InDesign for use on Apply and our social platforms.
- Building infographics alongside section editors.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Creating custom illustrations and design elements as necessary for projects.
- Creating banners, logos, bugs and other miscellaneous Apply branding needs.
• Work easily between multiple content and CMS types to publish work on deadline.
• Able to work on quick deadlines, alongside other project stakeholders.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, and some experience with non-linear video editing programs like Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Proven news judgment, high ethical standards and wonderful interpersonal skills (be a delightful person!)
• A BA degree in journalism, design or other discipline emphasizing high storytelling and design standards.
• 2+ years of experience producing, editing and working in design production
• Appreciation for TODAY’s broad range of topics and personalities – hard news, entertainment, lifestyle, celebrities, newsmakers and ordinary individuals - with a good grasp of topics and stories of high interest to women and young families – is necessary
• Flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects. Must be self-motivated while maintaining a collaborative team orientation
• Strong candidates with equivalent experience and education may be considered
• This job is located in New York City
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.