- Daily editing of Vo's, Sot’s, teases and reporter packages in a deadline oriented environment for live cable business news network and WEB
- Other editing assignments can include; multi-camera interviews, full show edits and promos
- Editing with reporters/producers while using Avid edit system- when necessary, edit independently without reporter/producer presence
- Ensure accuracy of all audio/video levels while monitoring signal through a Waveform/Vector scope monitor and audio meters
- Perform basic troubleshooting on edit systems
- Operate studio camera
- Communicate with other CNBC Bureaus and Headquarters for recording and sending of feeds
• Minimum of 5 years experience editing in non-linear edit rooms for live broadcast news environment
• Available to work all shifts including early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
• Experience with Avid edit system and Interplay workflow
• Experience working in a network shared environment
• Strong knowledge of title tool, multi-layered effects, audio sweetening and project file media management
• Strong knowledge of P2, other digital file and codecs
• Strong knowledge reading Waveform/Vector scope monitors
• Strong knowledge of WEB related file formats
• Experience operating studio cameras
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• Knowledge of other non-linear edit systems helpful
• Proven ability to edit clips and reporter packages independently with minimal or no guidance from reporter/producer
• Ability to successfully perform in a high-pressured deadline oriented environment
• Proactive-thinker: engages producers/reporters in the editing process and offers creative ideas and suggestions
• Ability to independently pace and prioritize workload while working on several projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well with people in high-pressure situations
• Excellent organizational skills
• Fundamental technical skills, with ability to troubleshoot and fix basic problems with edit systems
• Familiarity/Experience with NBC/CNBC/ Apply
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.