Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include the recently released Game of Thrones mobile game.
Turbine, Inc., a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a Senior Mobile Game Systems Designer for Game of Thrones: Conquest.
The Senior Mobile Game Systems Designer will focus on creating game systems content using a combination of Unity, scripting, and in-house editing tools. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a development environment, be versed in Microsoft Excel, and have a good sense of mobile game design principles along with a passion for mobile gaming.
What part will you play?
- Work with team leadership to design systems for a mobile free-to-play game.
- Create and maintain design documentation to specification.
- Create and maintain complex data files related to items, monsters and other systemic content.
- Balance and polish all manner of game mechanics.
- Mentor junior members of the design team.
- Manage bug queues and meet deadlines.
- Tune and maintain the economies of a live free-to-play game.
What do we require from you?
- Ability to collaborate with a design group and maintain positive attitude.
- 5+ years of game development experience.
- Deep understanding of game design principles and mobile free-to-play mechanics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong math skills necessary.
- Passion for mobile games.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Scripting skills a plus.
- Experience with Unity a plus.
- Experience with C# a plus.