Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms — including TV, digital and home entertainment — both domestically and internationally.
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Animation is looking for a Technical Director I, to work on a 2D Animated series for Netflix. The TD I is responsible for creating and maintaining software tools, providing front-line support to artists and leads, editorial, post-production, and archiving and general troubleshooting of the 2D pipeline in a fast-paced production environment.
- Maintain and develop tools for Shotgun. Extend functionality of Shotgun through the creation of stand alone Python GUIs, Action Menus, and Event Triggers.
- Troubleshoot 2D asset creation, color styling, 2D efx, animation, rough comp, and final comp.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the entire pipeline lifecycle.
- Works with show leads and digital supervisor to provide support for the show.
- Develop and import plug-ins for various software programs.
- Develop additional tools that may be needed for Shotgun, and other programs.
What do we require from you?
- Highly experienced with Shotgun (2+ years).
- Must understand current industry animation techniques, and technologies.
- Highly organized and independently solves problems with little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with naming conventions and file organization.
- Proficient in Harmony, Photoshop, After Effects, and Maya.
- Experience with Apache2 HTTP, Wiki Servers, MEL, and PyMel preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Mac OS, Windows, and Linux preferred.
- Experienced with writing Python and MEL scripts.
- A firm understanding of GUI toolkits such as PySide and Tk.