Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games and developers of Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor and Middle Earth Shadow of War, are seeking passionate and talented game developers to join us in creating our next big gaming innovation.
We are seeking a Cinematics Director, Presentation who has a passion for creating industry leading in game presentations and cinematic storytelling experiences within a AAA game. The Presentation Director will Assists the Director of Art and VP of Creative in the definition of aesthetic aspirations of camera, body and facial performance for systemic In Game Presentations/Cinematics and associated studio initiatives. The Presentation Director is responsible for helping to inspire the development of story and associated visuals through the creation of concept drawings, storyboards, and prototypes. The ideal candidate will embrace the challenge of developing branching narrative systemic experiences that will drive the consumer experience forward. The Presentation Director will have a keen ability to understand the nuances of facial and body performances with an ability to frame these performances in a progressive, visually compelling way. The Presentation Director will regularly attend cross discipline meetings and discussions to obtain a deep understanding of project goals and dependencies. Candidate will participate in regular reviews with the Presentation Team and Directors to help maintain consistency and quality of work product. The Presentation Director will work with Director of Art and necessary parties in developing strategies to improve back end technology and pipelines associated with development of In Game Presentation tools towards creating seamless Presentations with all associated/connected content.What part will you play?
What do we require from you?
- Create In Game Presentation content to set visual and product target goals.
- Create concept drawings, storyboards, prototypes and visual targets that help define project goals.
- Collaborates with Director of Art, Production and Presentation Team to establish strong performance metrics so that Realization hits aesthetic, design and schedule targets simultaneously.
- Regularly attend and participate in cross discipline meetings and discussions to obtain a deep understanding of project goals and dependencies including mission, narrative, and design components.
- Participate and/or Direct Performance Capture shoots.
- Participate and/or Direct Voice Over sessions.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to Presentation Team on visual best practices and personnel development.
- Conduct and lead regular reviews on the aesthetics of all In Game Presentation assets(camera, body, and facial) produced by Presentation Team to ensure work product is of the highest quality.
- Analyze competitive products and makes recommendations to Director of Art on how to improve in game presentations aesthetics.
- Works with Director of Art and necessary parties in developing strategies to improve back end technology and pipelines associated with development of Realization/In Game tools towards creating seamless In Game Presentations with all associated/connected content.
- Experience with creative visualization tools (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro and/or equivalent editing tool).
- College or university diploma in Cinema or equivalent education (preferred).
- Experience with one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3DS Max, etc.).
- 10+ years in the video game industry.
- Minimum of 3 published games with at least one AAA title in a Cinematic Director or equivalent position.
- Experience working as a senior creative contributor or director in both broadcast and film.
- Outstanding modern and classical cinematic fundamentals with