Universal Brand Development globally drives expansion of the company’s intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content, and consumer experiences. Along with franchise brand management, Universal Brand Development’s core businesses include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, and Live Entertainment based on the company’s extensive portfolio of intellectual properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, and NBCUniversal cable and television. Universal Brand Development is a business segment of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, and part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Universal Brand Development, Consumer Products Group is seeking a Toy Product Designer to help deliver the best product quality and play experience for our consumer. We are looking for an individual that has great illustration and product design skills, is proactive about creating and sharing new ideas, passionate about discovering new innovation and always seeking creative ways to solve challenges. Day to Day Design Duties:
- Work closely with Toy Licensees to oversee all stages of product design from concept inception to production completion by providing clear and concise design direction through character draw-overs and creative notes
- Seek new technologies and materials that will elevate Universal Brand Development consumer products
- Explore toy centric designs to support content development of Universal properties
- Work with content creators to ensure best execution of products and representation of brand, characters and storytelling
- Partner with Category, Retail and Franchise teams to ensure our Licensees have all the information and tools to deliver compelling products
- Create mood boards, concept sketches and assets for presentations
- Research consumer studies, global toy trends, competitive landscape and relevant events to help partners develop innovative products for the consumer and the play space
Basic Qualifications:Bachelors or Associates Degree, preferably in toy design, industrial design, product design or graphic design
Minimum of 3 years product design and development experience required
Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, most importantly Illustrator and Photoshop
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to provide thoughtful, clear creative art direction to partners and vendors.
Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, deadline driven environment that revolves around multiple product development calendars
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.