We are looking for a Senior Creature TD to join our award winning team.
Applicants should be experienced and passionate about building photo-realistic creatures. They should have broad anatomical knowledge and be well versed in creation, rigging and simulation of skeletons, muscles, and skin.
A Senior Creature TD is responsible for building, rigging and simulating the internal anatomy of a creature, in order to drive the final deformation of the skin. Also responsible for defining animation controls and rigging puppets to be used by animation and other departments.
Senior Creature TDs work closely with various departments, especially modelling, animation, and shots.
They work alongside the Creature Cloth/Hair TDs to deliver dynamic, realistic creatures.
Strong scripting and debugging skills are a must.
- 5 years or more as a full time senior creature TD on feature films
- Experience with skinning and deformation of photo realistic characters and/or creatures
- Poweruser in Maya
- Poweruser in Python scripting
- Linux experience
- Experience in Cloth and Hair simulation a plus
- Python, Perl, and C++ knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be willing to relocate to New Zealand
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Location: Wellington - New Zealand