We’re seeking an experienced news editor to work at NBC News Digital.
As a news editor, you’ll have a proven track record of moving seamlessly between all types of news and prodigiously pitching stories and ideas to pursue. You thrive on reacting instantly and responsibly to breaking news. And you’re just as adept at nurturing enterprise and feature reporting that has impact.
You’ll work with the senior news editor to help set the daily editorial agenda of NBC News Digital, and lay out assignments for reporters with clear directions that foster sharp, pointed stories.
As an NBC News editorial leader you will be obsessive about storytelling for a mobile audience and understand the power of social media for reporting, discovery and distribution. You will understand when stories require data visualization or are better told with digital video.
- Help manage overall daily coverage of both breaking news and enterprise reporting.
- Help set editorial agenda and pitch story ideas to pursue.
- Work with team of reporters and assign them to the day’s top stories as well as thinking of where these stories are headed next.
- Work closely with other editors on daily and special projects.
- Make full use of the range of NBC News resources, including network newsgathering and multimedia.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years working in a newsroom environment, including experience with breaking news.
• 2+ years working in a strictly digital shop.
• Must have demonstrated experience with assigning, writing and editing stories, as well as managing staff.
• Must be able to work early morning, evening and/or weekend hours depending when demanded by news coverage or other editorial responsibilities.
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
• Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication skills.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York.
• Experience reporting in the field.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.