Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games, is seeking a Design Director, UX to join the team behind Shadow of War!
The User Experience Director defines the design and oversees the functional production of the menus and user interfaces of the game. He/she work closely with the Presentation Director in the creation of graphical menu user interfaces which will communicate the relevant information and feedback required in order to guide the player and improve the total overall user experience. He/she is also directly involved in the design of player inputs, game controls and character handling. His/her knowledge of usability and ergonomic help create a world class user experience and provides strategic leadership across multiple gaming platforms (console, web and mobile).
This person will work in close cooperation with the Presentation Director, UI artists, UI programmers, Game director, game designers and ergonomist.
What part will you play?
- Use a combination of experience, research, data and intuition to set an ambitious quality bar and inspire team members to overcome obstacles and explore imaginative solutions in pursuit of UX perfection
- Design logic, layout, and flow of all in game User Interface including: HUD, Menus, and Lobby
- Create Iterative user-centered prototyping (i.e. from wireframes & paper prototypes, to clickable models & functioning systems), ensuring iterative feedback is incorporated throughout the development process
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces and feedback to guarantee an optimal accessibility and fluidity of the game
- Follow-up on final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution of the user experience and design in compliance with the specifications
- Create the best layout pattern and how user is to interact with each UI/UX components
- Provide programmers with clear speci¬fications of UI/UX components to build in client
- Ensure experiential consistency and quality across all platforms and features.
- Work with other discipline leads on establishing design standards and pattern
- Work closely with Designers, Artists, and Engineers on high-scope design challenges and feature sets
- Advise and work closely with game designers to determine the best controls and inputs to support game features for a fluid and consistent player experience
- Work closely with Localization Coordinator to ensure that the UI accommodates demands by all supported territories
- Works closely with the Director of Art and aligns with the overall artistic vision and goals of the project.
- Works closely with Artists and VFX to determine presentation of UI, signs and feedback
- Works closely with Sound Design team to determine efficient audio feedback
- Advise and mentor team members, collaborating to share knowledge, set realistic goals and seek out challenges and experiential opportunities
What do we require from you?
- Five + years of relevant experience (Senior Game Designer. UX Designer. UI Designer. Industrial Designer or Ergonomist);
- Console, web and mobile gaming experience (5+ published titles, with at least 1 AAA title).
- Passport eligibility preferred
- Ability to use a business and user-centric approach to design
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences
- Possessing an understanding of Lean UX concepts and the ability to work within a continuous flow environment- able to think holistically while building and learning iteratively;
- Keen eye for cutting edge imagery, layout, typography, color, and otherwise solid understanding of visual communication.
- Execution of wireframes, graphic designs, prototypes and style guides;
- Strong understanding o