Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Game Data Analyst to join our San Francisco Studio. The Sr. Game Data Analyst will work directly with Product Management to own the game data creation, transformation, modelling, and visualization process for all studio titles; which comprises of a growing multi-million dollar live portfolio, and hundreds of thousands of daily active users.
The ideal candidate has a background of partnering directly with Product Managers in order to perform statistical analysis to research and predict user behaviour and in-game events to drive sustained engagement and monetization. They have a strong background of working with an internal data warehouse that supports state-of-the-art analytics and they must have an affinity for data and analytics that support key business decisions.
The successful candidate thrives at delivering solutions to complex data problems preferably in gaming but with an unashamed passion for games/gamers, and has proven themselves effective at navigating and overcoming both internal and external challenges. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this role is crucial to attaining Warner Bros. aggressive goals in mobile games.What Part Will You Play?
What Do We Require From You?
- Own instrumentation of analytics, tracking hooks, and taxonomy during development phase; establish best practices for repeated application.
- Work with Product Management & central analytics team to manage 3 rd party tool integration.
- Design, create, monitor and maintain performance indicator dashboards across studio portfolio.
- Work closely with Studio Principal Engineer to find solutions to integrate & automate data logging triggers on client/server code wherever possible.
- Work closely with Studio Principal Engineer to perform basic statistical analysis to research and predict user behavior and in-game events.
- Work closely with Studio Principal Engineer on Machine learning initiatives.
- Work with Product Management to generate actionable reports and recommendations on features that will improve retention, monetization and acquisition of gamers.
- Work with PM to generate BI/MI reports at all levels from team.
- Identify pain points and work with product management, design and product development to implement strategies to address key problem areas.
- Suggest, execute and analyze the effectiveness of A/B tests.
- Establish game data/data science foundation within the SF studio, work closely with our internal platform team, game teams, and third party vendors to establish best practices.
- Documentation of analysis/code/scripts.
- MA/MS Degree in Quantitative Analysis, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics or related field preferred.
- MINIMUM 3 years professional experience in data and analytics-intensive role. Mobile, social or online games experience a plus.
- Deep familiarity with iOS, Android, or Facebook games marketplaces, design trends and analytics best practices.
- Experience writing queries and using software tools to put together reports and analysis to drive key business decision-making.
- Experience with using R or Python for statistical analysis.
- Ability to promote analytics across the organization and lead teams to using analytics insights to drive decisions.
- Proven ability to conceive and test hypotheses based on inconclusive or incomplete data from unstructured data and creating structures that lend themselves to analysis.
- Strong analytical background with a focus on consumer behavior in digital entertainment/games.
- Comfortable presenting complicated material to diverse audiences; strong ‘soft skills’.
- Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proven SQL skills – Must be experienced writing queries across complex database structures Distributed querying experience (Hive/Pig/Presto) a huge plus!
- Experience with using Tableau or Looker.
- 2 years of experience with using R o