The Associate Producer is responsible for helping lead the creation and production of CNBC‘s live business news shows and show segments, working with the Show Producer on overall content and production. The Associate producer should be able to line a regular daily live show with very little guidance. The role is ideal for candidates with extensive TV production experience and proven knowledge of business news content. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Producer in managing the show production team.
- Responsible for effective delegation of tasks such as segments, scripts, graphics and guest booking.
- Plan and execute compelling story ideas in both live, pre-recorded and package formats.
- Produce and project-manage live and pre-recorded outside broadcasts across EMEA.
- Live gallery production, with a responsibility for reacting to breaking news.
- Ability to line-produce a show and fill in for the producer in the gallery if necessary
- Building and maintaining relationships with CNBC guests and contributors.
- Communicate with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff.
- Cooperate with other departments, especially the operations, gallery and graphics teams to make the best possible programming. Work with CNBC global teams as necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience within a leading international news organisation.
- Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news.
- Capable of handling short deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Asian business, economics, and financial markets.
- A clear understanding of CNBC’s editorial and programming priorities.
- Control room/gallery experience.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Knowledge of iNews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems
- Strong understanding of the role of social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High standard of written English
- Additional languages would be beneficial
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.