Responsibilities NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Sr. Software Engineer for iOS who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our news applications. The role is in a fast paced and growing team with the NBC Owned Television Station division which offers a unique opportunity to put your stamp on applications used by millions of our users daily.
Develop and collaborate with on-shore and offshore team members that span multiple time zones.
Develop new and innovative experiences that involve video on demand and live streaming video.
Maintain and improve build automation integrations with Fastlane.
Assist in the creation of a UI Test Suite for iOS applications.
Maintain and improve automated unit-test cases with XCTest.
Analyze and provide solutions for critical production issues or complex use cases.
Under take code and pull-request review as part of your day-to-day.
Participate in API design and best practices discussions with backend software engineers.
Remain up-to-date current Apple’s Swift and Objective-C development guidelines.
- Basic Education/Experience Requirement:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field plus at least six (6) years of post-Baccalaureate, progressive experience in a related Software Developer/Engineer role.
- Specialized Skills/Experience Requirement:
- Three (3) years of experience must include:
- Strong architecture and development knowledge of Swift 3+ and Objective-C.
- Experience working with video on demand and livestream video.
- Demonstrable ability to create unit test that are functional and improve code quality.
- Using XCode Unit and UI Testing to build test cases and automation QA.
- Experience with 3rd party SDKs and integrations.
- Working in cross-functional agile environment.
- One (1) year of experience must include:
- Working with WatchKit, iOS, and Apple TV to develop, integrate, and troubleshoot new product features on Apple platforms;
- Developing and integrating third-party ads and SDK for Integrated Display Advertising, Metrics, Video Playback, and Video Pre-Roll;
- Creating and maintaining iOS build automation integration servers using automation tools including FastLane and Jenkins.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.