With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Runners at MPC
MPC Runners are key members of our support team who are responsible for helping ensure the smooth running of our Studios as well as providing minor maintenance and other support functions. Whether you've just graduated or are looking for a career change - being a Runner at MPC is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry then apply today.
MPC is a keen investor in talent and many of our Runners progress to roles within our company in the Production department - the team that provides the backbone to our VFX Studios in terms of driving through our blockbuster film projects on time and on budget. If an opportunity like this interests and excites you then read on.
What is the role?
The Runner role at MPC is a varied, demanding yet rewarding position. No two days are the same as you will be required to provide support in a buzzing and creative Studio environment. You'll get to know every inch of our Studio as you'll be constantly on the go which means you'll get a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our Studio team.
Duties include :
- providing a first-class hospitality service for our client visits
- ensuring kitchen and communal areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked
- ensuring that the complimentary fruit bowls are regulary filled up on artists floor
- helping create and prepare client presentation materials
- organising artist meals
- external deliveries to nearby facilities and further afield
- office administrative tasks including (but not limited to) managing internal and external post, paper shredding, photocopying, etc.
What we are looking for?
- A smart cookie who can work unsupervised and always with a positive and sunny outlook.
- A friendly, enthusiastic, quick thinker who is able to use their initiative.
- Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves up and work hard, juggle mutiple tasks and get things done quickly and efficiently.
- A 'doer' who can jump in and fix problems when they arise with a solution driven approach and a keen willingness to learn.
- Customer service experience would be helpful but not essential.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet softwares (eg word, excel).
- Knowledge of visual effects would be good but not essential.
- Able to work shifts and availability for weekend work as required.
Whilst we may not have a suitable vacancy within our Running team at the time you apply we will ensure that we keep in touch for future opportunities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.