Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Senior Compositor combines and oversees others who combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and visual effects supervisor.
• Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements and color grading.
• Ability to perform digital matte painting, texture painting, or paint/roto work is a plus
• Together with the Lead Compositor evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
• Complete work within the schedule while maintaining constant communication with production team and other artists.
• Hits given notes but is proactive in offering suggestions and alternate approaches.
• Prepares visual reference on hand when seeking feedback.
• Builds clean and efficient scripts.
• Works across departmental lines to develop techniques and efficiencies in current pipeline.• Patient and persistent when involved in lookdev work.
• Consistently pushes for productivity enhancements in current pipeline and work practices.
•Works with management and show supervision to maintain strong morale, flag communication issues and escalate problems to appropriate chain of command.
• Helps others to trouble shoot shots and set ups.
• Takes ownership of the work and is proactive about offering solutions, efficiencies and “pluses” for look and technique.
• Acts as shot hub and primary point of contact for compositing heavy work. Keeps all shot artists and production in the loop on individual element deliveries and changes.
• Actively motivates team; organizes show and tells to share tips and tricks among team.
• Aids in career development of less experienced artists
• Mentors and provides feedback for more junior members.
• Build strong rapport with counterparts in other ILM Studios.