Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
NetherRealm: The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
What part will you play?
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Character Artist who will be responsible for creating character assets of the highest quality. This person will work with the Lead Character Artist along with the Art Director to create and maintain the highest quality assets for the game, and ensure that the aesthetic goals are met. Time
- Using industry standard 3D packages as well as proprietary Team tools, creates art assets for their assigned development project. These assets could include any skeletal models, along with weapons, props, and other character related assets.
- Support design in creating high end content to promote game-play.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist is maintained by themselves and their team.
- Mentors more junior members of the character team and shares acquired knowledge with the group.
- Participates in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel of characters.
- Report daily to the Lead Artist with progress status.
What do we require from you?
- At Least a 2-year 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree, or equivalent.
- BFA is preferred.
- Three or more years of art and design experience on previous video game development teams.
- Involved in production on at least 1 title that has been previously released.
- Must possess good artistic skills and a working knowledge of 2D/3D art production.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interest in computer or video games.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3D Studio Max). Maya is preferred, and a working knowledge of Maya is mandatory.
- Understanding of physically based material systems and rendering.
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer.
- Experience with high polygon sculpting in ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Strong 2D digital painting and/or drawing skills in Photoshop.
- Experience with modern real-time 3d engines is a plus, Unreal is preferred.
- Rigging experience not required, but a plus.
- Additional art skills are preferred: fine arts skills, including drawing and painting; traditional sculpting; strong figure drawing skills that demonstrate a deep understanding of human anatomy and proportion.
- Receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment.