FX Lead Technical Directors oversee the implementation of effects across a team of artists.Responsibilities:
- Manage and leading a team of FX TDs to supply the FX elements for film projects.
- Work with production teams to ensure that the bidding and scheduling of FX work is accurate.
- Create natural (and unnatural) phenomena utilising simulations in particles, rigid-bodies, fluids etc. and other procedural or stochastic systems.
- Facilitate look-development using lighting. shading and compositing to produce a final renderable image.
- Use a variety of commercial and proprietary FX tools to produce FX elements.
- Work in partnership with other departments to ensure that the design and execution of setups and shots is delivered to the highest possible standard.
- An excellent knowledge of Houdini
- A thorough understanding of the techniques and technologies relating to FX simulation and procedural animation
- Previous experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions in addition to simulation techniques for rigid-bodies, finite elements, PBD etc.
- A good understanding of media aesthetics - e.g. image composition, detail, animation and timing, etc.
- A working knowledge of Renderman or Arnold
- Experience within a film pipeline environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within a team environment
- A working knowledge of at least one compositing application (e.g. Nuke) and a solid understanding of the compositing process
- Strong experience in scripting, e.g. Python, Mel, Vex, Hscript, etc.
- Experience with other render packages
- Programming skills with C/C++ along with knowledge of the Houdini HDK.
- Unix shell scripting
/privacy-policy . If you do not consent for your data to be used in this way then please do not continue with your application.