Animation Technical Director
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits and works include, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, The 100, Sacred Lies and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina .
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver, BC
location is seeking an experienced Animation TD
for an immediate start. This is a project based position.
The Animation TD
helps make the department run smoother. The right candidate will work alongside the Sr. Technical Animator to improve tools and department workflows while helping troubleshoot related artist issues on the floor. The Animation TD reports to the Animation Supervisor and the Facility 3D Supervisor.Responsibilities:
- Improve department workflow and techniques by troubleshooting animation issues related to tools and caching issues.
- Create and maintain technical animation effects/shots as required
- Provide technical support and training to production teams as required.
- Interprets and implements tasks and subsequent notes
- Takes feedback and works in a timely and qualitatively manner.
- Interacts and works with other related departments including Animation, Rigging, and show specific leads
- Participates in regular Pipeline meetings.
- Maintain documentation for tools development as well as production techniques and follows studio protocol.
- Must adhere to digital file management protocols.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues, artists and other departments.
- Knowledge and adherence to requirements of the Character FX department (muscle systems, hair, fur, cloth, crowd simulations, etc.)
- 3 years min experience as a TD within a VFX or Animation studio
- 3 years min experience with live action and character animation as animator.
- Aptitude for animating character or creature related shots when required.
- Extensive working knowledge of Maya
- Extensive experience with Python
- Knowledge of Ziva an asset
- Understanding of Houdini, Alembic & Maya API is an asset.
- Experience with character rigging an asse
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas fluidly
- Mentor other artists including juniors.
- Adaptable to change.
- Pro-active, highly motivated with a solid work ethic.
- Team player
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Pro-active and can make decisions in a timely manner.
- Able to keep up with fast pace and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date reel showcasing required skill set.
BC Residents Preferred
375 Water Street