Opportunity Overview SUMMARY OF POSITION
WB Games Montr éal seeks a Senior Technical Animator/Rigger who will be responsible for all technical animation and rigging issues related to a project including set up for facial animation. This can include visual R&D, performance monitoring, standard setting, as well as process and pipeline issues. The Senior Technical Animator also acts as liaison between Engineering and the content creators. This person will evaluate new technology, supervise and monitor the development of pipelines and workflow and work with all disciplines to ensure that Animation has the tools required to maintain optimum delivery of outstanding assets within technical limitations, solving technical problems when required. All animation tools and content feature requests should be evaluated by the Senior Technical Animator. Job Responsibilities
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS Work Experience Requirements
- Work closely with the Animation team to define, create and maintain the animation pipeline
- Create and generate the rigs of character, weapons and complex objects in Maya.
- Ensure the skinning of the characters and their different equipment.
- Create or modify specific tools and/or scripts to improve the speed and efficiency of the Animation team.
- Support and improve the process of integrating Maya/3DS Max into the game engine.
- Be the first line of defense on the content side when a technical problem arises
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- 8+ years of experience in a technical position. Must have shipped at least two AAA titles.
- Excellent team work skills. Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually. Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine, 3ds Max, Maya, Motion Builder.
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines.
- Strong understanding of MEL/Python/Maxscript.or similar systems required.
- Experience and strong interest for the set up of facial animation
- Basic knowledge in animation, artistic eye.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree or equivalent, with excellent critique and vocabulary skills. BFA or equivalent preferred.
Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.