Weta Digital is seeking an experienced Katana developer for the Shots R&D department to help build and manage the lighting pipeline and workflows. The Shots R&D department provides production tools and work flows for the FX, Lighting, Comp and Matte Painting departments, and solutions that interconnect these departments with other groups in the company. The work requires creating innovative and robust production pipelines and workflow solutions for all rendering needs within Weta Digital.
This is a highly technical position, and would suit a candidate with well-developed technical skills and a genuine interest in problem solving. The role requires interaction with artists as well as software engineers and other pipeline groups within the facility. Therefore, effective communication skills and a willingness to work on multiple varied tasks are essential.
Most importantly, the candidate must be motivated and interested in the opportunity to learn new systems and concepts and be willing and able to adapt to the changing needs of feature film production. We are specifically looking for somebody with the ability to lead and guide a small team.Required skills:
- Extensive experience of Katana and VFX lighting pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ and Python development
- Experience with source control systems such as git
- Experience as an artist or TD in Lighting, FX or Compositing.
- Experience with VFX asset tracking systems
- Confident working in a Linux environment
- Ability to design, write, debug and share code within a team
- Strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Good time-management and problem-solving skills
- English language fluency
- Experience with QT and UX design
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- Team Lead experience
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand