- Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic and has a desire to learn leading edge technologies and has a passion for demonstrating skill and precision in his/her work. Documents and reports on functional, performance, and regression issues. Communicates with developers, product owners, development staff, and manager regarding defects, and testing processes. Helps manual team write effective test cases and converts them to automated scripts. This role is mix of manual testing and writing automation scripts.
- Develop and maintain test cases in alignment with the project and/or organization’s standards and tools
- PerformthoroughManual and Automated testing on OTT, Mobile Apps, Desktop/Mobile browsers and other products.
- Design, write, and execute Selenium scripts.
- Convert manual test cases to be part of the Test automation framework.
- Participate in code review with Dev, QA, and Automation team.
- Suggest quality measures to be implemented.
- Help diagnose, reproduce and test fixes.
- Ensure that automated tests are integrated and execute reliably in the CI/CD environment.
- Monitor and Capture Http Traffic using Charles proxy, and test API’s using Postman.
- Participate in early story development and design sessions to suggest and assist in acceptance criteria.
- Power user of defect tracking systems and test management systems. Experience in Jira and Qmetry highly preferred
- Participate in sprint plan review meetings to review functional and design specs and understand how those impact features in development
- Oversee final checks and releases code to production by working side by side release manager; validate and signs off on complex test cases.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Technology
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with Set-Top Boxes (Roku, Amazon Fire Tv, and Apple Tv), along with Web, and Mobile App technologies
- Experience building testing frameworks.
- Experience using automated tools e.g. Selenium, TestNG, and Appium.
- Experience with API base testing.
- Knowledge of Video technologies (HTML5, Flash, Video formats, DRM, transcoding, streaming, HLS, HDS, etc.)
- Proficient in the understanding and application of Quality Engineering best practices and methodologies, along with proven experience in applying standards on major projects and product releases
- Proven ability to initiate the sharing knowledge and experiences to facilitate continuous improvement
- Experience with cross-browser, and cross-device compatibility testing.
- Experience with Cloud Based Device Emulators/Simulators. Eg, SauceLabs, Browser stack, and Amazon Device Farm.
- Act in a direct role to execute manual and automated quality assurance tests and document defects
- Create and maintain test cases, test data, test plans and defect reports.
- Must have experience with Jenkins, Xcode, Android Studio, Selenium, Appium.
- Able to work independently at a high level while part of a larger team.
- Very high attention to detail, completeness, and an eye towards process and quality improvement at all times.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to focus on the day-to-day while continuing to execute on the long-term vision of the product.
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively; a great attitude.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.