The Software Engineer will develop software for our current and next generation cloud and mobile enterprise products. Working closely with Product, Engineering and Operational Teams, this highly visible and mission critical position will assist in the development of products that process tens of millions of online golf rounds per year. You will work with cutting edge technologies and become involved in the implementation and evolution of the entire product development lifecycle.
The Software Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new products, new features, maintenance and support of the BRS Golf platform. Their main tasks will include:
- Contributing to the design and development of Object Oriented software
- Interacting with multiple stakeholders spanning Product, Technology and Operation teams
- Contributing to the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, coding and testing
- Proactively managing their own tasks to agreed deadlines
- Adopting and providing feedback on industry best practices to our development teams
- Working with the team to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures
- Working with a client centred focus, with an emphasis on issue resolution in line with SLAs
It is essential that candidates have:
• Third level qualification in Computer Science or related discipline
• Knowledge of C# is preferred but PHP and Go are also acceptable.
• Experience producing responsive web sites using frameworks e.g. Bootstrap, VUE
• Experience using SQL and RDBMS
• Experience of web services
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate:
• Professional experience in Object Oriented and Web Development
• That they are self-motivating and highly organised with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Go, .NET Core or mobile technologies
• Docker and microservices
• Unit testing and Mocking frameworks
• CI/CD with build tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo/VSTS
• Agile delivery principles & supporting processes
• An understanding of the Golf industry and a passion for the game
Salary: Highly competitive with a generous benefits package
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 21st September 2018
BRS Golf, a division of GolfNow, Golf Channel and NBC Sports, is the leading provider of online tee time booking systems to golf clubs throughout UK, Ireland and the US with GolfNow being the world’s largest online golf reservation platform. Our technology, services and distribution help Golf Course operations increase their rounds and revenue, expand their markets and manage their businesses. Just ask the owners and operators at more than 8,000 courses in North America, the U.K. and Europe.
These are exciting times for the game of golf and those who love and live it. With GolfNow we are driving forward and reshaping an entire industry- disrupting the status quo, building innovative new web based and mobile products, and assisting Golf Course operators to build profitable, sustainable businesses.
In the UK and Ireland over 35 million rounds were booked using BRS Golf in 2017. It’s a great time to be part of the business and our employees are part of a truly global company within the NBC Universal International wider corporate family. Although we “keep a start-up spirit” and have an internal feel of a small agile company, we can leverage all the benefits and resources of an international corporate community. We work closely with our Orlando US based colleagues in GolfNow, Golf Channel, NBC Universal International and Comcast.
This is a great opportunity to tee- off your career with Belfast Chamber of Trade & Commerce’s “Best Company to work for” 2016 and 2017 and “Best Office” 2018 and be part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.