The Content Producer will work an evening shift while working closely with the morning executive producer, assignment desk team, reports and anchors to help design a dynamic morning show.
The candidate will help plan and produce original content for TODAY in the Bay to tee up the morning broadcast. The candidate is required to conduct interviews, edit, write and produce news content for the morning broadcast and our digital platforms. The candidate must be able to work under pressure and on tight deadline.
The position requires the candidate to work some overnight shifts, as needed, to line produce TODAY in the Bay.
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience writing in a broadcast or cable news environment. Prior line producing experience is a must
• The position requires impeccable organizational skills, along with a natural curiosity to ask questions in order to push stories forward for TODAY in the Bay
• Self-starter with great editorial judgement in order to create new content.
• A strong knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area and/or California is highly desired
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
· Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
· Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Strong news writing skills
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Significant experience in a news environment
• Strong journalistic skills
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats
• A pioneering spirit with the desire the learn emerging technologies
• Passion to develop and present story ideas
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.