Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.We do not currently have openings available for the position of FX TD - Feature Anim, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
DNEG’s Feature Animation department has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are delighted to officially launch the new facility. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our talented FX TDs to work closely with the FX Supervisor and Leads to create high-end feature animated FX. Our FX TD's gather a variety of 3D assets produced by our Build, Layout and Animation departments and use off the shelf software – primarily Houdini but also Maya - and custom pipeline tools to create particle, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations.
- Proven production experience on multiple high-end feature films
- Proven experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle and voxel based rendering
- An eye for details, good sense of timing, and thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Ex perience in feature animation FX work
- Extensive knowledge of Houdini
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Familiarity with at least one node based compositing application (Nuke preferred), and a solid understan ding of the compositing process
Nice to Have
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (Film, TV, Games) will also be taken into account
- A good general TD background
- Maya, Python, Hscript or Mel knowledge
- Strong understanding of Linux / Unix based operating systems
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A tea m player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.