Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games seeks a Senior Producer for its San Francisco Studio team. The ideal candidate for this role has launched and operated several mobile titles, and has done extensive work in the free-to-play space from the concept stage to live operations. Candidate must be empathetic with the player, pushing for a quality game experience on a daily basis.
What part will you play?
- Explanation of major job duties and responsibilities (should give clear picture of what the person does each day).
- Support the Executive Producer by taking responsibility overseeing the day to day operations of the team. In addition, ensuring process is followed, identifying areas of improvement, and rolling out initiatives to improve team efficiency, clarity, and quality.
- Maintain high level planning documentation including Roadmap ensuring they have been reviewed by the appropriate parties and prioritized appropriately.
- Lead a pod focused on major systems in the game, driving quality, on-time delivery of features.
- Report on status of the team to leads and executives calling out risks, mitigations, and action items.
- Collaborate with each discipline lead to ensure teams are unblocked and functioning well.
- Manage and mentor Producers.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- 6+ years production experience in video game industry with increasing responsibility.
- At least 3 years experience in mobile games.
- At least 3 years in free to play games.
- Must have demonstrated success (top grossing) in the mobile, freemium market across multiple games.
- Ideally contributed to a mass-market franchise for a big brand publisher.
- Must have managed other producers directly.
- Must have taken a game from concept to launch with strong experience in building new teams and developing new processes.
- Must have experience in working with external developers and vendors.
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, with experience working within agile development frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in MS Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Skilled in running live operations, including daily scrum, project management.
- Ability to negotiate and form consensus.
- Deep understanding of mobile games and mobile game market.
- Strong knowledge of freemium monetization strategies.
- Very comfortable managing KPIs through analytics for live, long term engagement games.
- Expert in Hansoft and Jira.
- Expert in project management methodologies including agile and waterfall.