The Broadcast / Multiplatform Designer is responsible for on air and multiplatform design projects within the Marketing department of Universal Kids. This position reports into the Creative Director,Brand Design.
· A generalist who can conceptualize, design, develop, execute and animate broadcast design projects such as show packaging, IDs, show opens, animated bumpers, and movie trailers and other motion design elements for on-air, off-air, sales and marketing materials and multiplatform network and branding promotional initiatives for Universal Kids.
· Ability to work closely with project management, internal designers and departments as well as outside vendors.
• Bachelors degree or comparable work experience
• Minimum 3+ years experience working at a network or broadcast design agency
• Minimum 3+ years experience in broadcast design software in the Adobe Suite with emphasis on Photoshop , Illustrator and After Effects (prefer knowledge of expressions and scripting) and basic knowledge of 3D software.
• Minimum 3+ years of work experience developing and executing concepts, style frames and storyboards for film production
• Dedicated focus on state of current trends in Graphic Design and Typography as well as related media
• Ability to turn constructive feedback into actionable results
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered (note job#: 40128BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Interest in live-action shoots and production
• Good communication skills and the ability to take ownership of ideas and processes
• A strong collaborative spirit and ability to work and communicate effectively with varying personalities
• Proactive thinker with the ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and coordinate with team members
• Juggle multiple assignments, work under tight deadlines and function as a team player.
• Manage workflow while remaining organized, and have the ability to work both supervised and unsupervised
• Basic understanding of emerging platforms and technologies ( VR, AI, AR, Coding etc….)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Universal Kids is the network for kids 2-12 that aims to widen eyes and open minds. We see kids as they see themselves. Like our audience, Universal Kids is multi-layered, offering a range of content, people and experiences. We want to be there for the firsts, the fun, the fear and ultimately the freedom of finding your way in the world, because being a kid is Universal.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.