DreamWorks Animation Television is seeking a Visual Development Artist with a diverse set of skills to join our team on an unannounced show - CG - action-adventure show. The candidate should demonstrate a strong design and/or paint foundation to execute on the creative vision of the series.
This exciting new opportunity is based in Glendale, California and is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and paint environments/characters/props/vehicles under the direction of the Creative Leadership of the series
- Create orthographics for environments, structures and props - including turns using existing approved designs
- Create orthographics for characters/vehicles/props - including turns using existing approved designs
- Generate rough concepts to explore new designs within the style of the show
- When requested, create and present innovative ideas to enhance visual concepts and designs
- Knowledge of and ability to integrate fundamental painting techniques and tools into artwork
- Superior eye and ability to translate a thorough understanding of color, composition, detail, texture and lighting into designs and/or paintings
- Willingness to take feedback and rework material while maintaining a fresh perspective
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff and ensure all deadlines are met
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up, organized and stored appropriately
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time
- Thorough design foundation including knowledge of: perspective, composition, painting, lighting and color theory
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is a team player, who genuinely enjoys working with others
- Strong time-management skills
- Works well in a fast paced production environment under pressure
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation and/or video games
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Maya/Zbrush/Modo is a plus
- Portfolio that demonstrates seasoned design and painting skills
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.