Every evening, from the MSNBC studios in Washington, D.C., veteran journalist Chris Matthews hosts a passionate hour of in-depth political analysis and fiery debate. "Hardball with Chris Matthews'' features interviews and debates with prominent politicians, newsmakers, and leaders.
Join the NYC Hardball team as a Senior Producer and contribute daily by creating, producing and supervising programming focused on political insight and newsworthy events of the day.Essential Responsibilities
- Assist with the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show
- Serve as a control room supervisor
- Supervise and copy edit segment producers’ scripts
- Coach and mentor show staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc).
• Must have at least 3 years of control room experience
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles, research, and plan segments
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.