NBC News is looking for a highly motivated Producer, News Partnerships. This position will produce and create high quality broadcast and digital content for more than 200 NBC affiliated and owned stations across the country to help improve the performance of NBC News programs.
- Strengthen the relationship between our network news brandsand local news. Multi-task across broadcast and digital platforms. Write, produce, and edit daily content for local news programs tied to our network shows.
- Communicate effectively with local news producers about NBC News content and initiatives.
- Introduce various NBC Newssocial media elements to stations. Strategically engage stations in the NBC News product, as well as the audiences on all platforms. Partner with social media teams across our brandsand stations to expand of the reach of NBC News social and digital content.
- Produce reports and provide written material for local stations to enable them to participate in editorial projects and assist them in promoting network newscasts. Survey stations to determine success of projects and provide feedback to program producers.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must have at least 3 years editorial experience working in production at the network level, or producing video news content for TV or the web
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning (i.e. breaking news).
• Basic desktop non-linear editing, preferably Avid
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills and editorial judgement
• Exceptional grounding in social media and digital video distribution
• Camera experience (DV, DSLR)
• Experience with Content Management Systems
• Demonstrated ability to build and leverage relationships with stations and program producers
• Ability to work effectively in a stressful, deadline driven environment where teamwork is fostered
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Fluency in the internet, Factiva, and AVID INews
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.