- Assist producers & writers with photo/video requests.
- Coordinating rights & clearances, digital photography and negotiate usage fees with photo agencies on a daily basis.
- Fulfill daily show and digital needs for editorial stories while maintaining technical and visual standards.
- Review daily email pitches from photo agencies and flag/pitch ones that would be of interest for potential stories.
- Locating and downloading hundreds of images per week from our online wire accounts.
- Able to resize, retouch and color correct photos.
- Use/maintain internal CMS (Content Management System) to organize entries and keep track of imagery and costs.
- Complete various annual assignments such as award show packages; film festivals packages and various other large events.
- Continuously researching new ways of enhancing the photo department’s capabilities to meet the online and on-air needs.
- Have the ability to negotiate usage fees with photographers, paparazzi and stock photography agencies when needed.
- Organizes and maintains the constantly growing photo archive daily.
- Process/maintain/organize cost reports and keep records of all purchased material for E! News.
• Experience with digital photography and a strong eye for photography a must.
• Minimum 2 years of editorial/research experience, preferably in the entertainment business or equivalent.
• Experience using online paparazzi & stock photography sites as well as entertainment media press sites.
• Familiar with photo rights & clearances.
• Mac & Internet literate
• Must work the morning shift and be prepared to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
• Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Passionate about news, familiar with all of the web's top news sites and blogs, and with current entertainment news.
• Excellent communication skills a must.
• Strong research skills.
• Organized, able to handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment and still maintain a strong attention to detail.
• Creative, self-motivated, organized, and able to prioritize and multi-task.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Applies creativity and innovation to work processes.
• Willingness to be collaborative and take direction.
• Passion for Pop Culture necessary.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.