DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Editor (Animatic) to join its in-house team in Glendale, CA. Our Assistant Editors (Animatic) generate roughly-timed animatics from storyboard panels, audio, and sound effects to serve as an editorial starting point for the Editor (Animatic).Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for importing and generating a rough assembly cut of episodes based on the storyboard and script with an emphasis on timing
- Ensure that the rough assembly is reviewed and approved by the Editor (Animatic)
- Confirm that all dialogue files have been received from the Dialogue Editor
- Ensure that quality issues and clarity are adhered to for sound
- As needed, add temporary sound effects and music from approved sound libraries
- As needed, cut revisions into animatics using notes and directions from the Editor (Animatic)
- Create shipping animatic output from locked animatic project for timers and partner studios. The shipping animatic includes scene numbers and footage count
- Ensure that the production staff are aware of added lines and scratch dialog
- Responsible for timely execution of deliverables and partnering with production to ensure issues or concerns are elevated as needed
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Assistant Editing experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- An understanding of filmmaking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Assistant Editing experience in Television animation
- Understanding of animation principles
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Storyboard Pro, Flix, Photoshop, and After Effects is useful
- Film enthusiast
- Bachelor’s degree
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.