Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Lead Quality Assurance Analyst for the WBG San Francisco Production department. As a Lead QA Analyst, you must be an expert in gray-box and black-box testing techniques, and experience designing software test plans, specifically in the mobile gaming space. Not only are you an amazing tester, you have the leadership chops to manage and mentor Game Testers and Analysts to achieve absolute quality at each stage of the development cycle.What part will you play?
You will work closely with the rest of the game team, communicating issues directly to Producers, Software Engineers, Designers, and Artists. As an integral part of the team, you will champion the culture of Quality, evaluating the product to be tested while reviewing specifications, author meaningful software test plans and scripts testing the games, and recommends process improvements.
What do we require from you?
- Writes and enhances automated tools.
- Design and author software test plans, scripts & test cases, based on product backlogs & design specs for software products.
- Prioritize, assign, and delegate tasks to QA Analysts & Testers on a daily basis.
- Find, research, report, and manage bugs in Jira.
- Monitor execution of automated test cases and bug activity by QA Analysts & Testers.
- Evaluate and analyze test data for Products being tested.
- Teach, mentor, and supervise QA Analysts & Testers.
- Prior work experience needed to do this job .
- Shipped at least 2 mobile games as a QA Lead or QA Manager, preferably iOS & Android.
- Experience writing and enhancing scripts for automation tools.
- 6+ years of experience in Video Games Quality Assurance, preferably in mobile.
- 2+ years of managing or supervising direct reports.
- Expert in authoring test cases, test plans and QA documents.
- Expert at exploratory and creative testing.
- Experience working multiple outsource QA analysts.
- Knowledge with Jira as an admin.
- Knowledge working with Agile development process.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player, able to lead a team and work under tight deadlines.
- Nice to have: Programming or scripting knowledge.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Charles Proxy or Wireshark.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Xcode, Unity and Jenkins.