Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms — including TV, digital and home entertainment — both domestically and internationally.
Warner Bros. Animation is seeking an Assistant Production Manager to support a 2D Animated series for Netflix. The Assistant Production Manager will be responsible for monitoring and tracking production materials and approvals on a daily basis, reports progress to production manager, and organizes all material for shipping to overseas studios.
What part will you play?
- Completes script and storyboard breakdowns for character, props, efx, and background designs. Allocates design work to artists and follows through to completion. Assigns appropriate due dates based on established production schedule. Follows through with assignments to maintain scheduled delivery dates.
- May be asked to create digital storyboard files in Flix from original boards, including dialogue and action descriptions.
- Schedules all meetings and reviews, as needed.
- Tracks all art related materials through Shotgun.
- Prepares storyboards, model packs, and background layouts for distribution.
- Organizes and maintains systems for monitoring production flow of assigned artwork: sets up files, keeps a log of start/complete dates of assignments, labels materials, etc.
- Organizes launch material for storyboard team, and maintains communication through entire storyboard process.
- Responsible for transmission of storyboards to editorial; Tracks editorial changes based on internal and client feedback.
- Prepares a status report weekly for the production meetings; Responsible for clear and concise note taking in all meetings.
- Shot production – responsible for tracking all versions of every stage of every shot.
- Communicates with Vendor via notes and daily queries.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Trade school degree or certification; Bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years previous work experience at the coordinator level or above in animation production or equivalent production experience.
- Strong knowledge of Animation workflow processes.
- Ability to adapt to changing software applications.
- Proficiency required with Microsoft Word, Excel, Flix, Shotgun.
- Proficiency preferred with Photoshop, Toon Boom, Adobe Acrobat.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with production team including Producers, Directors, and Artists.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills to balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
- Must be pro-active problem solver and have ability to lead with a positive attitude, and encourage collaboration.
But Wait, There’s More!
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, competitive paid time off and competitive company-matching 401K plan.
- Warner Bros. Learning Network to help develop and navigate your career.
- Impact, the Warner Bros. Giving Program, which provides ways for you to support the communities in which we live and work.
- Part of the Time Warner family which includes brands like HBO, TBS, TNT and Cartoon Network.