Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Avalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
What part will you play?
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a highly motivated Game Design intern (temp) to join our Design team. As part of our team, you will work across multiple aspects of the game’s development to help meet all goals of the studio’s current projects.
We are looking for talented and passionate game makers, preferably with some previous experience creating game content. Along with having a good sense of game design principles, any Unreal 4, Maya and Microsoft Excel know-how and experience is beneficial.
- Work with the production team throughout the development process to help create compelling gameplay and design systems
- Contribute to the strategic planning and design for new gaming projects
- Present design ideas, receive feedback, then adjust designs and metrics accordingly
What do we require from you?
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Passion for numerous console games and a knowledge of game mechanics across a variety of genres and platforms
- Ability to collaborate with a design group and maintain positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter and creative thinker with fresh ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented and results driven
- Experience with Unreal 4 and Maya is a plus
- Candidates pursuing a degree in Game Design or equivalent degree in a creative field strongly preferred (art, illustration, storytelling)