About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an award winning visual effects company who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Legion, The Walking Dead, Cloak & Dagger, and Games of Thrones.
We are currently seeking Mid-Senior level Houdini artist with availability beginning this October with experience creating photoreal fluid simulations. Responsibilities
- Create photoreal dynamic effects utilizing Houdini
- Experience creating photoreal water/fluid simulations
- Develop execution strategies for complex simulations
- Comfortable taking direction from the CG supervisor and creative director.
- Great at problem solving, and devising creative solutions to complete complicated effects shots
- 4+ years experience working as a dynamics artist in Film, Commercials, or Episodic Television
- A portfolio that demonstrates a variety of photo-real dynamic effects. Examples of fluids/water, etc. a bonus
- Advanced knowledge of Houdini particle systems
- Comfortable with R&D for complicated effects.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a variety of photo-real dynamic effects.
This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City.