Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Warner Bros. Games, Inc. seeks a Senior UX Designer for the WBG San Francisco Design department. At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in the mobile space. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans and positioning ourselves to become a top player in mobile. Our team is made up of the best and brightest talent from across the gaming universe and we are looking for an experienced User Experience Designer to join us.
What part will you play?
In this role you will use your expertise in UX development to create unique, high quality experiences on multiple mobile platforms. The role requires prior experience in mobile and you will need to be able to quickly iterate and develop flows, screens, icons, and information hierarchy. Top design skills, collaboration and communication are key as you will work across multiple groups to translate requirements into compelling and top-notch designs.
- Guide user experience design for multiple, best in class, free-to-play mobile games.
- Review analytics and make recommendations to UX flow.
- Collect user feedback and recommend improvements.
- Design wireframes and UX flows for games, features and prototypes that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing.
What do we require from you?
- Must have portfolio link on resume.
- BA / BS Degree in Design (e.g. Interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, human factors) with demonstrable experience in the field of user experience and user interface design.
- At least 2 mobile apps from pre-production to ship, as an on-site member of a development team, with at least 1 mobile free-to-play game.
- 5+ years mobile UX/UI design experience preferred.
- 5+ years game development experience preferred.
- Experience in A/B testing and data driven optimization.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines/stake-holders, including Product Management.
- Mobile interface design across many different screen sizes.
- Good understanding of free-to-play game UX.
- Strong visual sensibility.
- Ability to iterate rapidly on concepts & wireframes.
- Knowledge of traditional design methods and theories.
- Knowledge of creating optimal user experiences from a game design perspective.
- Expert prototyping skills (Sketch, Origami, After Effects, Flash, Illustrator, etc).