Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Product Manager for the WBG San Francisco Product Management department, focusing on external development management.
What part will you play?
The Product Manager will help define, market and maintain the company’s free to play mobile and social games externally-developed portfolio, and play a critical role in defining business requirements for our publishing and BI platform and tools. Reporting to the Director, Product Management of external development, this role is crucial to driving Warner Bros. aggressive goals in mobile and social games.
- Collaborate with WB's central publishing teams in order to determine market size, opportunity for a given product or brand and use in-depth data analysis to develop strong business cases for these proposed and in development titles.
- Collaborate with WB's central publishing teams to develop and execute innovative and best in class launch strategies in close coordination with product development, brand marketing and PR teams (and others as relevant) that leverage the full capabilities of Warner Bros. and lead the industry.
- Work closely alongside Games Production to manage the completion (including writing detailed specification documentation) and prioritization of a product's development roadmap in order to optimize the revenue and engagement potential of key mobile titles. Ensure the ongoing success of titles by using tools such SQL, Excel, dashboards and statistical analysis to create actionable recommendations for your development team and communicate the ongoing KPI impact of these recommendations.
- Using tools such SQL, Excel, dashboards and statistical analysis work with central publishing to create actionable recommendations for live digital publishing activities to optimize game performance including user acquisition, analytics, and community.
- Assist in building and growing Warner Bros. mobile and social games more broadly to include special projects, platform/publishing/licensing/international/cross-studio partnerships.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS Degree. MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in product management or related role.
- Strong familiarity with iOS, Android and Facebook games marketplaces, trends and best practices.
- Record of accomplishment via feature, promotional and business model recommendations.
- Strong project management experience and ability to work with and manage cross functional units to advance business objectives.
- Thorough understanding of micro-transaction based business models and managing product-level P&Ls.
- Passion for gaming, mobile and social networking.
- Strong product management skills at a features/system level.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Flexibility to travel to Warner Bros. studios as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences as required.